Areas of Interest:
To continue the interests of the founder, primary emphasis of the Foundation is supporting programs and projects for people with intellectual / developmental disabilities.
Grants are largely made to charitable organizations in Ontario whose programs or projects fall within the Foundation’s area of interest. Grants are not normally made for operating funds, personnel or to individuals. Grants range from approximately $2,000 to $30,000, many on a matching grant basis. Please contact our Administrator by phone or email if you wish to discuss the suitability of your proposal before submitting your application.
Deadlines for semi-annual review of submissions are April 15th and October 1st.
Applications and supporting documents can be submitted by email to:
- a concise but fully detailed project outline
- a budget for the project or program for which funds are being requested
- a list of your current Board Members
- most recent audited financial statements
- video files in an online format highlighting program activities are welcomed
Project Reports help The Harry E. Foster Foundation to gauge the impact of funded activities and understand the challenges and successes of the organizations we support.